Topic: MacBook screen won't wake up if put to sleep before turning off FF UC

I'm using a FF UC with all the latest software (driver v1.59 firmware v115) and a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.7.  If I close my MB lid and then turn off the FF, when I next open the MB lid the screen always fails to wake up.  If I turn off the FF first, the MB is fine at waking up, but it's annoying to have to remember do this especially when packing away in a hurry.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a fix?

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

Re: MacBook screen won't wake up if put to sleep before turning off FF UC

Is anyone else able to re-create this problem?  It happens consistently on my system even since I've updated to OS X 10.6.8

Eastwood Records

I will give it a try and report back.

Timur wrote:

I will give it a try and report back.

Thanks.  Any report yet?  Also, do any administrators have any answer to this?  Have you tested the problem?  Many thanks for any help.

Eastwood Records

Sorry, forgot about this. I tested on a 2011 MBP with older version driver and firmware as well as current versions, both with Totalmix and Settings running and not, while audio was playing (Ableton Live) and not. It all works here (and did several months ago when I tested with a 2010 MBP).

I'm running OS X 10.6.8 though, not 10.6.7, which may or may not contribute to your issues. Other than that I suspect there must be some other kind of conflict (what does the console log say?)!

Timur wrote:

Sorry, forgot about this. I tested on a 2011 MBP with older version driver and firmware as well as current versions, both with Totalmix and Settings running and not, while audio was playing (Ableton Live) and not. It all works here (and did several months ago when I tested with a 2010 MBP).

I'm running OS X 10.6.8 though, not 10.6.7, which may or may not contribute to your issues. Other than that I suspect there must be some other kind of conflict (what does the console log say?)!

I've since upgraded to 10.6.8 but it still does it sad  So if you put your Mac to sleep then turn off the UC your Mac always turns back on?  How do I check the console log?

Eastwood Records