Topic: Fireface UC driver update problems

I downloaded the new fireface usb-drivers to my Windows 7 (64bit) computer today. I have tried to update the drivers but I can't. Here is what I did:
- Downloaded driver_usb_win.zip and unpacked it to driver_usb_win.
- Opened the Device Manager and located the RME Fireface UC.
- Right-clicked and selected "Update drivers" (I have a Swedish OP so I'm translating here)
- Selected "Select a driver that is already on the computer" (translating again...)
- Select the folder C:\Data\Fireface 400 UC\driver_usb_win folder
- Clicked on "Next"
- On the next screen, the headline is "Could not install RME Fireface UC" (could not find a driver for the unit)

Can anyone help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I have read the "official" instructions, but they are for Windows XP (rather old OP now :-)) and they are really about installing the unit for the first time, not updating the drivers.

On the positive side, I also updated the drivers on my Mac Book Pro, and that was 'easy as pie'.

Re: Fireface UC driver update problems

- Selected "Select a driver that is already on the computer" (translating again...)

After this step, use the "Have disk..." button, above cancel. Then click Browse, then select the INF file inside the folder.

If it still doesn't work, try unpacking the file again.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Fireface UC driver update problems

Problem solved! Thank you very much, Jeff, both for the answer and the quick reply!
Best Regards
Stefan