Topic: Logic Pro 9 distortion Mac Pro

Hi,
I have a strange problem with an audio distortion or interference that has been occurring with our recording setup of late.

Basically this is the setup:
Mac Pro quad core(2009) with 2 x MADI HDSPe PCI Express cards inserted into slot 1 & 2, synched by MADI (no direct WC due to a graphic & RAID card in slots 3 & 4) and recording 106 channels into Logic Pro 9 (64 bit) 48k 16 bit WAV audio file onto a RAID 0 internal HD set up.
The recording worked correctly for weeks, then with out any changes, started recording distortion on the slot 2 side of recording channels.
We have swapped cables, MADI cards, reinstalled Logic Pro 9, but always seem to hear some random distortion on the slot 2 side of the recordings.
Next is to swap computers, but I would like to know if anyone else has has an issue with this setup recording? I am fairly sure RME is not the cause, perhaps the cause is the combination of interfaces?

Cheers,
Jason

Re: Logic Pro 9 distortion Mac Pro

Update, I swapped the computer for same model and problem remains. I am wondering if there is a word clock problem with the slave HDSPe MADI card in slot 2? I can send a sample audio file of the damaged recording if required. Running low on ideas, so if any one has a suggestion or could verify my setting please.
Thanks.

Well... I guess I will have to solve this problem on my own. Shame.
J.
ed:

How excactly are the cards synced?
What is connected externally?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

All the RME connections are correctly synced, the problem I discovered (and explained in my other post) was caused by the Mac Pro core audio setting for an aggregate setup with a resample of WC of the Slot 2 MADI card. This setting ticks itself the recording software is open when the Mac Audio Utility is launched and the Aggregate card selected.

Thanks for your time and great products.
smile