Topic: reinstall driver problem (PC)

Reinstalling the latest driver on the Mac was flawless.

Unfortunately, not so on the PC. After I realized that the new driver wasn't installed, I made the mistake of uninstalling the usb driver using the control panel. Sorry, I didn't check the manual ...

Now, on boot-up, the babyface gets power but there's no prompt for installing a driver.
Since it is not recognized, how can I reinstall the driver.
Please advise what to do.
Thanks,
degeviol

Re: reinstall driver problem (PC)

Did you download the drivers on the download page or from a link on a stickied thread?
There is a text file there that tells you what to do.

Essentially you run the autoreg. whatever program to remove the drivers in the Registry and then you I think
(since I have not done it in awhile and look to the text file to know again what I am doing) you run the update
program or essentially the *.exe file it states to run in the text file included with the drivers.

Then in the settings program you find on the "About" tab what version the driver is and the hardware revision after getting
the drivers installed and powering down the babyface and repowering it up as per instructions given.

Well, if it is Windows ( and I guess I did not read your post correctly, Windows probably re-installed the drivers as soon as you start up your computer again and if not, power down your computer and restart it, then Windows will give you that happy message that it has found new hardware again and re-install the drivers for your USB.

Hi spacealf,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I ran the autostart.reg and then the new file which did not load, because in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I did not see any version of firefaceusbmix.

When I start up the computer (with window xp) babyface gets its 'lights' but windows doesn't prompt 'new hardware found'... babyface is not loaded.

I suspect that before I can retry loading the driver I have to erase all RME traces in the registry. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with this and worried ...

degeviol