Topic: How to ship a FF800 to RME for repair? It can be that difficult ..

Hello,
I'm trying to repair my FF800 for more than a month. Spanish distributor doesn't answer and despite a quick reply from Daniel Fuchs my las 3 emails in 20 days remain unanswered, so I still don't know how to repair my FF800 from something that looks a bad design desition: The FW800 ports. Several users are having problems with them and the only FW800 unit I own that developed this problem is the FF800, and I onw more than 5 FW800 devices.
I'm becoming tired of this and is making me loose faith in RME.
please I need a solotion

Re: How to ship a FF800 to RME for repair? It can be that difficult ..

Have you tried contacting the support company in Spain, or just your dealer?  I had good luck The list of support companies is here:

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support.php? … rope#spain

Yes I tried. The tech service in Spain said it's better to ship it to RME because some "propietary FW technologies". Which sounds weird because IMHO they only have to solder the connectors; but that's what they said. And RME said I have to contact the distributor again (Microfusa) to ship the unit to Germany, which is weird because Microfusa is in Barcelona and I'm in Madrid. Anyway, I did it but no reply since almost a month. I send them at least 4 messages.
I want to repair my FW800 since May and I can't....

Hi,

we are in contact with Microfusa to speed things up.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Daniel, I really appreciate your efforts, but that's what you said almost a month ago. Microfusa doesn't answer my mails, but RME support neither. I don't understand what's the time consuming part of answering an email with a shipping address. What has to be speeded up?. I have a broken FF800, want to fix it and pay for it... Why it's so difficult?

regards
Guillermo

Hello,

the shipping address is Microfusa, it has to go through them. I have forwarded your mails to them for this reason. They have assured us they would contact you today, please report back.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

They contacted me and said tomorrow a courier will take my FF800 smile

Thanks!

Problem solved better than I expected.

Thanks for all. smile