Topic: UFX saved my job...

A little testament to the UFX's DURec feature:

I was booked to record 4 concerts for TV this year, and having given up on my other high-quality Japanese units due to their unreliable drivers, I needed to buy a new portable I/O. I could have settled for a much cheaper unit from another brand, but in the end I went with the quality and made the splash to buy the UFX (I already own an HDSP9652). I chose it for the reputation for reliability, but also for the DURec feature, as I could then use it as a backup recorder to my Laptop DAW.

Half-way through the first gig, the Laptop stopped recording due to some complaint about the HDD not being fast enough (which was never a problem in the test recordings!).

But the UFX just kept on tracking. Afterwards I pulled the 3-hour show off the external USB HDD and no one ever has to know!

Thanks RME!

LJB

Music Producer / Sound Engineer. RME HDSP 9652 / RME UFX

Re: UFX saved my job...

I think the price of UFX is almost steal, when I take its flexibility, stability, features, support, and quality all into account. I have used other interfaces, like Focusrite Saffire 24 Pro, Liquid Saffire 56, MAudio Profire 2626, Presonus Audiobox, Mackie Blackjack, etc but always frustrated or somewhat felt "not satisfied 100%". If someone is serious about recording, even home recordist, not to mention professionals, UFX is almost one stop shop and provides everything one needs. The USB2 connection makes the use of current PCs really easy because FW is getting harder and harder on PC side, especially laptops. In fact, PC laptops like VAIO F series combined with UFX will be very powerful DAW setup, that can take serious jobs.

LJB wrote:

A little testament to the UFX's DURec feature:

(...)
But the UFX just kept on tracking(...)
Thanks RME!

LJB

The same thing happened to me, I lost one spot of trombones during one live recording in the computer....but later it was so easy to recover from the backup Hard Drive connected to the UFX....

I actually started to wonder the front USB port, since I plug in/out so often. Especially, when I have long thumb drive, I'm worried about hitting the drive accidentally and damaging the USB port of UFX. So, I got right-angle USB extension cable like this, and plug in/out the extender's end.
http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Pag … BAMRAF-3IN

Masaaki wrote:

I actually started to wonder the front USB port, since I plug in/out so often. Especially, when I have long thumb drive, I'm worried about hitting the drive accidentally and damaging the USB port of UFX. So, I got right-angle USB extension cable like this, and plug in/out the extender's end.
http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Pag … BAMRAF-3IN

When it is plugged in does it hang down from the front of the UFX or does it extend in an upward direction?

(seriously, no phallic humor intended:)