1 (edited by oTon 2011-07-28 17:25:09)

Topic: MADIface with Thunderbold

Hello,

Is there really no Interest in developing a Interface like the MADIface with Thunderbold? Im a professional Livesound Engineer and would love to multitrack my Shows, i am normaly on an Soundcraft VI6/4 or Digico SD8, so i only need a simple MADI card, but the new MAC Pro´s only have Thunderbold exept the 17" Model, and that is far to bulky.

Come on RME, give it a try .. ;-))

Re: MADIface with Thunderbold

Sorry, no plans for Thunderbolt devices. Maybe there will be working TB-Expresscard adapters at some point...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by oTon 2011-07-28 20:53:51)

RME Support wrote:

Sorry, no plans for Thunderbolt devices.

Thank you for the quick Answer. But exactly why? Are there any technical reasons? Because a Thunderbold/MADI Interface for Mac Laptops would be a Solution that al lot of (especially Live Sound) Engineers are waiting for, that have used (like me) the MADIFace with great Success. I simply would not like to go back to howl a Mac Pro around ....

4 (edited by oTon 2011-07-28 18:50:48)

another question, has anybody experience with a MADI RME Card in Combination with the new Sonnett Echo Express PCIe 2.0 Expansion Chassis? here is a link:

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/thund … index.html

This, together with a fast Thunderbold HD, would also be a neat and portable Solution.

5 (edited by Jean-Michel 2011-08-07 12:49:28)

Netstor will sell a Thunderbolt version of their Turbobox early 2012.

Magma will make some solutions as well.

And those will work with PCIe cards (MADI, UAD, and so on), that is a better choice than Expresscard with TB adapter, IMHO.

JM