1 (edited by Bert22 2011-07-28 19:12:07)

Topic: RME only 1 channel

Hey :-)

My first post in this forum.. I have an Rme Babyface and i really like it, the only issue i am having is that i have just purchased a moog little phatty stage 2. And the moog has an audio 1/4'' output that needs to go into your sound card,

i have read the manual and seen you can use the instrument jack on the side as an alternative input, great.

However i have done this so the Audio out of my moog is going into the instrument in on my RME, however at first it was only playing back in my right monitor, then i fiddled with total mix for a bit and managed to get it in both speakers, however when i look at the IN on my RME, also it is playing back in both speakers, it is still only showing as going in on the right speaker.

I have just tried to record some audio files in logic and they are only playing back in the right speaker. Does anybody know how to solve this?

One problem could be the moog output is line level which is way hotter than instrument in, but i don't know. I have total mix selected under stereo in my input

Any thoughts?

Re: RME only 1 channel

Bert22 wrote:

however when i look at the IN on my RME, also it is playing back in both speakers, it is still only showing as going in on the right speaker.

Yes, this is a mono signal.

I have just tried to record some audio files in logic and they are only playing back in the right speaker. Does anybody know how to solve this?

You should record on a mono track in Logic, instead of stereo. If you record input 2 on a stereo track, you only have the right side.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks for your reply, the only problem i have is that when i try to record mono in logic it does not  let you, it doesn't register any audio as being received, only when i record it as stereo.. The RME looks like this when i am playing the Moog..

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1907/sthelens2011072800263.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Everything is fine from an RME perspective. Check your Logic documentation for help.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Ok cool thanks, You know that signal coming in MONO, do you happen to know if that is because the Instrument input i am putting it into is mono, can i get stereo by using the breakout cable or do i need to look at the moog/ logic for this?

Thanks

You'll have to ask Moog for sure, but it looks like their output is only mono.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff

My guess is that your mono track is set to record from input 1. In Logic, make sure your track's input is assigned as input 2.