Topic: Pro-Tools 9

Pro-Tools 9 refused, half the time, to recognize my RME HDSP. It gives all sorts of messages, including: "PT Could not initializing the current playback device", or "The Cards are no Digidesign in the sysem." Sure, I do not want! PT 9 is sold independently of the hardware ...

I have tried many things, like replacing the I / O, to repair the instalation, etc..

Someone has this problem? And the solution?

cm

Re: Pro-Tools 9

Ok I say to the community. It should reinstall Pro Tools-full after each new driver hardware. Incredible but true.

Hello.

Sounds like you hit the mail right on ...
But the main issue about PRO TOOLS is that you must have "Pro Tools Approved ( AVID)" hardware.
Just like if you are using Apple Computers, you cant just go out and buy a new graphic card and replace the one preinstalled on your system.
It must be "Apple approved"...and the cost is a slghtly 20-50% higher for the "Approved" hardware, then on "standard" hardware ( for Windows based system ).

But if you got it right, in your way ... thats just fine...

(=D

2xXEON 5650
24gb ram
2x256gb SSD ( Crucial + Corsair )
RME RayDat
Sonar X1

//Stefan

Sorry about my english.... it shall bee "sounds like you hit the NAIL right on..."

smile

//Stefan

That's what Avid said. But my system below, works well, that's not the question. Avid says on its website this requirement for non-Digidesign hardware with PT9

.DSP / EWQLSO PLATINUM COMPLETE PLUS / VSL Solo Strings / Xsample /
WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE
Intel® Core™ i7-930 Processor (8M Cache, 2.80 GHz, 4.80 GT/s Intel® QPI)    x 1
Gigabyte Intel X58 Motherboard (GA-X58A-UD3R) 3 Channel DDR3 x4, SATA3, USB3, 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600 Memory