Topic: Remove settings for reinstall

Hi,

If I uninstall my RPM drivers and reinstall them, all the settings are the same as before. What I really want to do is remove all the settings so a new install would be like a first time install. Is this possible and how?

Gary

Re: Remove settings for reinstall

I want to be able to put all the original settings back to default. Can anyone help on how to fully remove the program & drivers and the usual add/remove and uninstall in device manager doesn't do it.

The settings are stored in the registry, and the only way to remove those is to delete the corresponding entries. There is no need to reset those entries. What you want to achieve by deleting them?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The reason I need to delete those entries as i installed a driver for another soundcard which also included an Asio driver and it appears to have changed those settings. I need a clean install as I don't know how the settings have been changed.

The RPM no longer works due to this, but it works on my other machine after installing a fresh copy of windows, which seems a bit drastic when all I want to do is erase all the settings.

Can you advise me on this?

Other ASIO drivers can not change these settings. Also, there are no settings with which the RPM will simply "not work". So please provide more details of what exactly does not work. "Erasing settings" is not likely to help. Also, please upload a screeshot of the settings dialog to e.g. Imageshack.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Oh, it does work, but not properly. For some background I use an RPM & Expresscard as a 4 in 4 out for timecoded CD's with VirtualDJ. I've been using this set up problem free for 3 years.

The problem i'm having now is the timecoded CD's are not correctly changing the pitch in the VDJ software. A small nudge on the pitch slider and the pitch jumps to +10 in the software.

The only change made to the settings was installing the driver software for an ESI maya44 usb Asio card. I wanted to keep a spare with me.  The maya didn't work to my requirements, so unplugged, reconnected the RPM and thos problem has been there ever since.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, updated the firmware on the Expresscard and used latest drivers, but no luck. I have also reinstalled the VDJ software.

So this is my problem. I have noticed a small issue with the control panel of the RME. I don't know if this is relevant but I have highlighted in the picture an option box keeps losing the chosen selection.

Regards,

Gary[img align=C][IMG]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4332/dspsettings2.th.jpg[/img][/img]
[img align=c][IMG]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4332/dspsettings2.th.jpg[/img][/img]

Which HDSP driver is this?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

The driver file is hdsp_wdm_324. I downloaded it from the RME website,

Regards, Gary

A worrying silence. Is there an issue with the driver do you think?

Confirmed, a fix is on its way.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for letting me know. Is there a time scale for the fix as I have a gig in 24 hours. Will the previous driver be compaitibale with the latest flash update I performed on the card if not?

Regards,

Gary

You can go back to 3.085 if necessary, same firmware base.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Ok, thanks for letting me know. With regards to my initial question of doing a clean install and removing all settings, can this be done.

Can you be sure that a third party Asio driver that doesn't belong to RME hasn't corrupted my reg settings?

Regards,

Gary

You can download the fixed version here:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/hdsp_wdm_326.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME