Topic: RME UFX messed up

I just bought a UFX hearing so many things about RME's great reliability.

When I press the main volume knob, it stays stuck on ''Phones 11/12 Volume''. No matter how many times I press the knob, it does not change to the other phones or any other selection.

When I press the Channel button, the screen jumps between 'Mic/Instrument 11 Mute' and 'Mic/Instrument 11 FX Send' about 5 times a second as if someone is rotating one of the knobs left and right manically.

I have the latest firmware installed. The unit does the same thing whether its connected to the computer or not.

The unit does this on its own, regardless of whether or not its connected to any computer.

I have taken a vid, but don't have the ruddy camera lead with me so can't transfer to youtube.. will try to find someone with a video phone and post.

This is my first RME product, been working to resolve this all night when I have urgent recording work, venue & instrument time paid for wasting away.. and time being-a-wasted sad I really hope this is just user error, I was hoping to be impressed with RME's reliability but instead I'm losing faith in this company.. I can't find any 24 hour support line on the RME site

If anyone can help it'd be deeply appreciated..

Re: RME UFX messed up

Sorry, there is no 24-hour-support... But you got mail...
Please test whether the unit works normally and can be controlled from the PC. If so, these issues should not be in the way of a successful recording.

Else, please contact the retailer or Synthax UK, maybe they can come up with a quick solution.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by matt9b 2011-08-03 01:21:25)

I turned it off and unplugged it from the power for half an hour. This fixed it.

However, sometimes, the problem happens again.. and I have to unplug the power again to fix it.

I have tried different electric sockets, no change.

I have a backup unit which I'm using to record now. If this unit is faulty, I'd rather just not use it as there's nothing to stop it having underlying problems as well.

Is this quirk something that anyone is aware of?

... or is this unit faulty?

5 (edited by matt9b 2011-08-04 05:49:55)

RME Support wrote:

Please test whether the unit works normally and can be controlled from the PC. If so, these issues should not be in the way of a successful recording.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks. I just bought it brand new, I don't want to keep it if it's faulty. Can you let me know if this is a known bug or if I have a faulty unit?