Topic: Dynamics for Babyface and Fireface UC

Hello RME!

I am using your Babyface and the Fireface UC, and I really like them - especially with the new drivers. The interfaces would be *perfect* if they had the Dynamics module which is included in the UFX.

Before you shout at me and close this thread: I am well aware that this is not possible due to the limited performance of the built-in FPGAs.

But: I want to tell you that I would pay up to 200 € for an hardware upgrade or 100 € for a software upgrade (meaning the module is running in the CPU and not in the FPGA) if the dynamics module could be included in TotalMixFX. (The UFX is not an option because I need a mobile solution...).

I think that there is definitely a market out there! Folks, what do you think?

Re: Dynamics for Babyface and Fireface UC

I'm extremely agreed with him. I'm Babyface user and I can also pay for Dynamics module in the TotalMix FX!

Re: Dynamics for Babyface and Fireface UC

Here is one more person who is agreed with him. I have been using UFX and Babyface.
I usually work with UFX when I'm in my studio. It is absolutely useful because Dynamics of DSP is perfect for monitoring my voice. The recorded sounds will not be compressed and I don't have to be stressed out with latency while I’m recording. Definitely, It's the best ever.

However, the problem came to me when I planned traveling the other country.

The fact Babyface doesn’t have Dynamics DSP and it became the reason making me pick either Babyface or UFX. Of course, as all we know, the UFX has everything, but it was still hard to select UFX without an amazing resolve. Loosening four bolts, taking UFX out from the rack and disconnecting every cable on the UFX. Finally, I realized that the UFX might be too big and fragile to pass the airports.

It’s ridiculous, I have both RME’s flagship model and the highest level of portable Audio I/O, but they cannot be the best portable solution. Many of other companies’ audio I/Os provide Dynamics DSP but why Babyface(my favorite company’s) does not?

Is it really impossible technically? It doesn’t have to be on 192KHz. I would be appreciated if it had only one or two channel with dynamics DSP on 44.1KHz. I just wished I could fly to other country with my Babyface and a microphone. For this, I can pay 300 hundred bucks if you need.