Topic: [Babyface] Midi Interferences on Analog IN and Analog Outs

Hi,
even if I connect the babyface to my Yamaha MO8 Midi out, i here a little small noise. On the audio in and all aoudio outs.
I can see the little small signal in Totalmix FX and on my recordings. It seems the midi signal scatters in, on all audio in/outs on the breakoutcable. You can here it, if you have active sensing ore the midi Clock settings on. There is no difference between breakoutcable or breakoutcable with extension cable. And it's definitely not a problem of a 50/100Hz hum.

Sorry, but this is not acceptable.

Wurly

2 (edited by Wurli 2011-08-30 15:51:58)

Re: [Babyface] Midi Interferences on Analog IN and Analog Outs

The noise comes if i plug a yamaha mo8 midi out to the midi in of my babyface.
That noise is allways there, if there are midi events on babyface' midi in. If you have a keyboard that sends continous midi events like midi clock or active sensing - you hear this digital noise all the time. If you turn the Inputs to 0db, you can hear AND see it (Total Mix).
Please help...
THX
Wurli

If the noise is there with the breakout cable only then it is defective, either the breakoutcable or the Babyface.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

how can i test midi without a breakout cable? It does not matter, if i use the braeakout cable with or without the 1,3m extension cable.
I had this problem already from the beginning. The babyface is new (1 Month).
I have ordered an extension cable (3m) in July from syntax. Unfortunately it was not delivered because it is still not available.

How long will it take time to check and repair the babyface / Cable?
I would like to remind that the problem exists only if the Midi input port is used and the audio inputs are set to line level (eg 0db) or higher gain.
I think the midi signal scatters into the audio inputs.

THX
Wurli

Hello! I have the same problem. When I use the babyface midi input i hear a clicknoise everytime i press a key on my nord stage ex which is connected with a midicable through the babyface. What should I do? It was like this when i bought it....

/Olle