Topic: 9652 + Ff800

Hi, I own a FF800 and I like to expand my system with a 9652 card for extra I/O. Can both cards be used as a single ASIO unit? I mean, not the FF800 running in standalone mode linked to the 9652 via ADAT, just both running at the same time as different I/O devices in Samplitude and Reaper? AFAIK, they have different drivers each. Is it possible?

Thanks.

Re: 9652 + Ff800

ASIO drivers are different, but the FF could act as standalone converter.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by Snapcase 2011-08-06 09:30:54)

Re: 9652 + Ff800

Thanks for the reply.

So standalone mode as an AD/DA converter only. No firewire mode in parallel. It means that running at 88.2 KHz (what I always use) the FF800 Standalone will eat up two ADAT I/O ports in the 9652... I'll gain four ADAT channels only in the remaining port. Not a big expansion, indeed. I need twelve ADAT channels to use an HD24 XR as an extra AD/DA converter along with the FF800. That means two 9652, or a 9652 plus a Raydat... Which is more likely to be the case since I only have one more unused PCI slot in my PC, The rest are PCIe and I need the ADAT synchro port. The 9652 is a must if I expand this way.

Are the Raydat and the 9652 using the same drivers? Will they work "as one" for a DAW under ASIO?

This pack, a 9652 and a Raydat with the Raydat clock expansion will take 5 slot positions. I guess the related cards doesn't need to be mounted contiguous, do they? I'd have to skip the video card and one expansion must be two slots away from the main card. Is that possible?