Topic: MADIFACE and BABYFACE

Hi, a simple request:

Madiface is compatible under the same ASIO drivers with a Babyface ? Is possibile use a Babyface for monitoring MADI signal from a Micstasy ? (Notebook-->Samplitude-->Madiface-->Micstasy. Monitoring with Babyface).

Thanks in advance

Re: MADIFACE and BABYFACE

No, all USB, all FW and all PCI(e) use their own specific drivers.

Oh my God! And monitoring ? How listen the Micstasy sound ?

4 (edited by Timur 2011-08-11 22:30:51)

You could either use the analog or ADAT outputs of the Micstacy. You could connect the ADAT output to the Babyface and monitor through that. You may have to watch for proper synchronization with such a setup.

Or you could use some MADI DA, which obviously is the more expensive choice.

Yes, I need monitor for me and monitor for musicians in the stage. I've an ADI-2. From PC I can select 2 Micstasty's ADAT channels ? (from Samplitude and ASIO drivers I can see the adat Micastasy's channles ?)

Micstasy ADAT out is only a COPY of mic/line/insturment analog IN ?  I can routing any signal to Micstasy ADAT out ?

Notebook-->Samplitude-->Madiface-->Micstasy-->ADI-2 (as a MAIN master, for musicians stage monitoring, for listening and punch recording).

It's all in the manual:

11.11 Digital Output (do)
Default: An
Available settings: An, oP
This option relates to the use of the I64 MADI Card. In default state (An) the analog input signal
is available at all three digital outputs. Selecting oP (Option) an eight-channel group of the
MADI input signal is sent to the ADAT/AES outputs. With this the MADI connection can also be
used as return path. Sending audio via MADI to the Micstasy, the audio becomes available at
the Micstasy’s digital outputs ADAT/AES. The MADI output continues to carry the analog input
signals and the fed-through input data.
Note: The 8-channel group sent to ADAT/AES is defined by the currently chosen ID.

best regards
Knut

Thank you Knut. Remain the problem of personal control monitor at PC.

The ADI-642 or ADI-8 QS provide analog outputs for a MADI chain.

best regards
Knut

9 (edited by GIACOMO-_ 2011-09-10 09:14:11)

Tuesday will arrive my RME Micstasy. cool

For monitoring with Madiface I've think this setup:

http://www.directout.eu/en/products/ma2chbox.xt.html  (Is an RME partner ?)

Madi OUT -----> Ma2chbox XT AES out---------------------->RME ADI2 AES IN.

It can work ?

With this setup is possibile have 1 headphone monitor and 2 channel analog out for speaker.

TOTAL SETUP

Control Room NOTEBOOK --->MADIFACE---->Micstasy (On stage)--->ADI2 (AES ebu from Micstasy) on stage for monitorig musicians.

For monitoring:

Micstasy MADI OUT (on stage)-------->Ma2chbox + a second ADI2 (for speaker)----->Madiface madi IN.

It's ok ?