Topic: ProTools9 and TotalMix...

I am a little confused playing thru my MBP 10.6.8 OS...  just got Babyface... was told it works great... 

I am hearing thru one side of the BF  headphones connected thru BF.  It is probably a signal issue thru totalmix that I do not understand... it is stereo thru software playback section. I can see it...  hardware outputs mono seen thru Main.  not sure why or how to fix...

Total mix is a bit confusing...  not to many good tutorials out there... assumes u understand all only telling you to do something and not how to do it...  frustrating...  can someone direct me to good tutorials?   

also not sure how to get midi to work... I have an Axiom 25 USB into my MBP.  Do not get any signs of working... do I need to only use BF???  I just want to use BF for my guitar input not midi....

thx for any help you can give me... as I am traveling and was hoping to finish writing movie score as I travel...

Re: ProTools9 and TotalMix...

I don't understand what the problem is, can you please be more specific?

As for MIDI, if you use the USB connection of the keyboard, then this is nothing to do with the Babyface at all. Check your MIDI settings in PT.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Sueshoes,
Got to the Pro Tools I/O setup and check that the channels are routing correctly in adjacent stereo pairs.
Try resetting the input, out, and insert buss to default. It seems when running the first time with an ASIO device or when opening old projects the main output bus gets messed up and randomly assigns itself like channels 1/5 or 2/7 instead of channels 1/2.
refreshing the I/O normally clears it.
Once that is cleared up then this You Tube video should clear up how to use the Babyface's Mixer.
http://youtu.be/4M23E1Njrc4
It's for the UFX but covers most of the basics of the Babyface also.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

thx guys for your help...  I will let you know how I get along...  about to sit down and try suggestions Chris... 

more later...  smile