Topic: Samsung notebook 600b5b and MADIface

Hi,

I am testing a new Samsung notebook, 600b5b-S01 with Intel Core i5-2520M, Intel HD3000 graphics AND Nvidia NVS 4200 M graphics. HM65 Chipset. I chose this notebook because I hoped for a silent fan, and it is indeed quite silent, much better than a HP elitebook I had recently for testing.

I updated Win7 Pro 64, I have latest HDSPe driver (3.26) and FUT (11).

Problem: MADIface is not running and even freezes the whole machine.

I feed MADIface coaxial from a ADI648, which is running "internal", 44.1, 48K frame.

When I open the RME settings panel for the first time, it shows 56 channel 44.1Khz input.
Clock source is "MADI in", but next to this choice the panel says "Current: internal", which I don't understand.

When I open the HDSP mixer, after a short time the machine is not operable anymore. MADIface input status says "16 channels, 96KFrame" which is obiously not true. Can't move the mouse anymore, task manager dosn't respond. The Windows clock still moves very slowly...

Even without opening the RME software panels, Sequoia doesn't record.

Any idea what to do?
Does this have to do with the graphics card configuration?

Thanks,
Ulrich

PS: In case this problem can't be solved, maybe somebody can recommend a quiet 15'' notebook with USB3, expresscard-slot and 1600x900 non-glare display?

Re: Samsung notebook 600b5b and MADIface

Hi Ulrich,

could it be a similar issue like the one with Lenovo notebooks (PCIe power management)?

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5565

Regards,
Claudio

There is no BIOS option like that at the Samsung. Maybe there should be one...?

I deactivated PCIe Powersaving in the windows energy options.

BTW: After removing the MADIface from the slot the RME applications close and the machine runs normal immediately.

Ulrich

I've same problem.
Can't move the mouse anymore, task manager dosn't respond. The Windows clock still moves very slowly.

Dell Vostro 3750.

Interesting. Please post here in case you find a solution. I returned the Samsung.

I've got an old Dell (Inspiron 6400) which works like a charm...

BTW: because it is now obvious that it is not only a Samsung problem, but also a Dell problem: Would it be possible that RME support investigates a little bit here?

Ulrich

I try to install win XP 64.

Did I understand it right that a Dell guy will come and try to care about it? Sounds interesting...

Ulrich wrote:

Did I understand it right that a Dell guy will come and try to care about it? Sounds interesting...

That´s normal, if you are a buisnesscustomer and buy that option.

Regards

FF UCX - ADI 8 QS(DOTec Madi/Usb i64) - Madi HDSPe(Tco 4) - Madiface USB