Topic: UFX needs service

Accidents happen...the two smaller knobs broke off completely. Did not take much force...

I tried but could not find where I should send my UFX for service.
I live in Finland. I know that Studiotec is a local contact but the unit was bought from Thomann Germany.
So, does anyone have that info, please.

Any guess as to how big a repair this is?
Can the just knobs be replaced or is the construction such that, say, a whole circuit board etc
needs replacing...

Best regards,
edgehill

2 (edited by Timur 2011-08-15 16:44:08)

Re: UFX needs service

If Studiotec doesn't want to service it you could try to contact Synthax Germany: http://www.synthax.de/en/repair.html

But I would definitively contact Studiotec first. It's likely not a warranty repair anyway, so they should not have any problem with doing it for you (and your money). wink

...unless the warranty covers accidents caused by wheeling around in an office chair. 

Or maybe I should check if my traffic insurance covers it!
After all, the chair does have wheels.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Sounds like you snapped the shafts of the Potentiometers. If that's the case, they will need replaced.

Whagi wrote:

Sounds like you snapped the shafts of the Potentiometers. If that's the case, they will need replaced.

That's right. The "shaft" is a really flimsy looking plastic thing with snap on hooks (sorry, don't a better english term for it).
Does not look solid at all, no wonder they broke off so easily.
The ends of the shafts are literally in many pieces, some still lodged inside the remaining hole.

My fault, of course, but the these are very weak parts. Be careful!

As this is not a warranty case, the friendly folks at Studiotec here will handle the repair. Great!