Topic: Can shutting down the interface *before* closing a project corrupt it?

I am trying to open a project in SONAR X1c that was ok until last session. On opening the project, these windows are shaking (staying blank and shaking) abd all my menu bar in Sonar is also shaking.  Seems everything is freezed.  I tried to restart the system to no avail.

One other thing though: that last session, I shutted down by mistake my external Audio interface (RME Fireface 800) *before* closing the project...  Could this explain the problem ?

Afterward, as I do often, I backed-up the entire folder on two other locations... Unfortunately, it looks like trying to open that project from any of the 3 locations gives me same result.  How can I get everything back ?  This is a complex project...Please...

Anyone experienced that ?

Rob

Quad-Core i7 870 @ 2.93Ghz
Asus P7P55D-E
Win 7 x64
8GB ram
SONAR 8.5 (32 and 64 bit) and SONAR X1 (64bit)
RME Fireface 800 (audio interface, Firewire)
MOTU MIDI Express 128
ATI HD Radeon 5450 1GB

Re: Can shutting down the interface *before* closing a project corrupt it?

You will likely have more luck on the Cakewalk/Sonar forum and support. Shutting down the interface can have an impact on the stability of the application itself and may mess with saved routings inside a project (which channel is assigned to which fasder/track etc). It should not corrupt your files though, so better ask Cakewalk about it.