Topic: Using A Focusrite "VRM" Box

I'm using the UFX as my interface and the VRM box must have a SPDIF input feed in order to be used along side the main interface.  The UFX does not have a SPDIF output... I have a Saffire Pro 40 sitting around and I'd like to use the Pro 40 to interface with the VRM box by coming out of the UFX via Adat into the Pro 40 and then SPDIF out of the Pro 40 into the VRM box.
So, I have it connected in this manner now...So, what setting should I make in Total Mix to get the signal showing up in the VRM box?  The on screen window for the VRM box is showing that the SPDIF signal is locked.

UFX+ x2 ; Babyface Pro x2; UFX Original;  Windows 10 64 bit ; Intel core i9 9900KS CPU; 64 Gig DDR4

Re: Using A Focusrite "VRM" Box

So far I have set the Adat output #2 of the UFX to send an AES/SPDIF signal and the Adat of the Saffire Pro 40 to operate as an optical SPDIF but I don't have the VRM box putting out any sound as yet.

UFX+ x2 ; Babyface Pro x2; UFX Original;  Windows 10 64 bit ; Intel core i9 9900KS CPU; 64 Gig DDR4

Hi Ruffrider.
Would make more sense to me to run the Sapphire Pro 40 in standalone mode as a AD/DA into ADAT port 1 I/O. Then run the VRM directly into the UFX AES out using a AES to SPDIF coaxial adapter or cable.
You will need an adapter like the HOSA GXF-132 RCA to XLR3F.
http://www.hosatech.com/dimg/thm/t350_e6f4ad1565d75a818614c64105fe2923.jpg

Page 43 of the manual explains how to configure the AES port to work with coaxial SPDIF.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

Thanks Chris; Good info:  I didn't know there was such an adapter.  That should work out fine.