Topic: Babyface + Macbook + Logic Audio + Virtual Instrument + Spdif Out

Sorry if the question has already been asked, I spend hours reading posts but did not find an answer.

- I have my Keyboard midi connected to the Babyface.
- My Macbook runs Logic audio with a dedicated track to Ivory virtual piano.
- Virtual Ivory Piano Sound come out nicely to the pair of monitors connected to the audio out of the Babyface.

But I would like this Ivory Piano sound to come out to the SPDIF out of the Babyface to a second pair of monitor.

I get sound in this Spdif out for all sounds played by my Macbook (iTunes mp3 for instance), but I just cannot catch the sound of my Ivory piano virtual instrument to the Spdif out of the Babyface......

May-be it's a Logic audio problem as I think I should connect my Virtual piano track to an output of the Babyface, but I am a too much basic user to solve this problem without help....

Thanks to you,

Re: Babyface + Macbook + Logic Audio + Virtual Instrument + Spdif Out

- Set "optical out" in the driver settings to SPDIF
- Click the SPDIF output (AS1/2) in the 3rd row - it gets brighter
- Set the fader of the playback channel in the 2nd row with the signal from Logic (AN 1/2?) 0 dB

best regards
Knut

- Set "optical out" in the driver settings to SPDIF

OK

- Click the SPDIF output (AS1/2) in the 3rd row - it gets brighter

Sorry Mr Knut you are too good for me :  what is the 3rd row ? in Totalmix ?

- Set the fader of the playback channel in the 2nd row with the signal from Logic (AN 1/2?) 0 dB

Will see when step 2 is OK...

what is the 3rd row ? in Totalmix ?

Of course.

best regards
Knut

Please send me a screenshot of the Totalmix I should get, I cannot make it....

in France we do not have French manual and the routing process of Totalmix is not clear to me....
I am sorry,

Do you see the signal from the piano in the meters of a playback channel in the 2nd row of TotalMix when you play on the MIDI keyboard?

best regards
Knut

7 (edited by Angusperde 2011-08-22 09:17:03)

Yes I see signal in 2nd Row of Totalmix when I play midi Keyboard.

This morning without changing anything, I have a clear sound in my second pair of Monitor, the one connected to the SPDIF of the Babyface......
Sound is clearly going to SPDIF out from Logic audio and my  second pair of Monitor.
So problem is solved, certainly a problem of Output inside Logic. I changed it to Output 1/2 yesterday, but it is effective only this morning.....

Last question : in my Fireface USB Settings when "Optical out" = Spdif, why can't I change the sample rate to a bigger value than 44100 ?  All greater values are reset to 44100....

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,