Topic: Weird TotalMix problem

I have a weird Problem with my FF 400 and total mix. I extended my FF400 with a Behringer ADA 8000 for inserting hardware components like a compressor in my DAW (Logic 9). The ADA 8000 is connected via ADAT in and out and clock synced via ADAT. Sor far, so good, all physical in- and output channels showgup in the fireface mixer and work when being fed with signal.
The strange thing is, that in the playback channel row i have only 8 outputs from my DAW, allthough in logic it shows 18 outputs. When i select one of the ADAT outputs in Logic the signal shows up in the physical out of the Fireface Mixer window allthough I have no routing option, since the corresponding playback channel is missing. Additionally, when I try to route a Signal with Logic´s I/O Plugin through the compressor, I have no signal input into the compressor.
When routing the main out directly through totalMix into the compressor I get a signal.
So for me it seems to be a routing/TotalMix Problem.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Weird TotalMix problem

Narcotixx, you have changed the Limit Bandwidth setting to "Analog 1-8". Change it back to "All Channels" and the ADAT channels will be available again.

muhammed, you should not use an unrelated thread for your question. But just use the AN 1 and AN 2 output jacks on the rear panel. Phones out is for headphones, not monitors.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by Narcotixx 2011-08-21 14:42:03)

Re: Weird TotalMix problem

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your quick and detailed answer. Was not aware of having activated bandwith limit, but probably I have HeadScratch. Will check that tomorrow when i´m home again. Do you think this has also something to do with the problem with logics I/O plugin?
Cheers