Topic: noisy inputs on input 9-12 fireface ufx

I have a fireface ufx and it seems to me that the front inputs are to noisy , once the gain is turned past about half way i hear allot of hiss , it does not matter if i have anything pluged in or not , trs or xlr .
Thanks mike

rme fireface ufx
mac pro dual 2.2 ghz6 gig ram
logic pro 9.1.4

Re: noisy inputs on input 9-12 fireface ufx

To a degree, this is normal. What input noise level at which gain setting do you see in the UFX mixer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

the noise level is if the fader is at unity and the gain knob half to 3/4 , i also noticed that on input 9 when i turn the gain there is a pop noise almost like a switch being turned on if i turn the gain to half a couple ms later is when i hear the pop noise . inputs dont make that noise just hiss a bit when turned past half .

rme fireface ufx
logic pro 9.1.4

the pop noise is the same as when you switch from the mic input to the instrument input .

rme fireface ufx
logic pro 9.1.4

any one have an answer for this ? RME are you there ?
Thanks Mike

rme fireface ufx
logic pro 9.1.4

mojomikep wrote:

the noise level is if the fader is at unity and the gain knob half to 3/4 , i also noticed that on input 9 when i turn the gain there is a pop noise almost like a switch being turned on if i turn the gain to half a couple ms later is when i hear the pop noise

the pop noise is the same as when you switch from the mic input to the instrument input

Broken mic preamp chip. Sorry, you will have to return this unit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I was afraid of that ! how do I go about that ? I use the RME almost every day in my studio ! I have allot of sessions booked for the month and cant do with out it for to long .

rme fireface ufx
logic pro 9.1.4

Please mail me the unit's serial number.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Mike, I sent you an email regarding service for the UFX.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.