Topic: RME babyface on dual platform of MAC

Hi. I recently purchased the RME babyface in the US.  Now, I am ready to use to use a Macbook Pro. But, since I am a soundforge (recording software) user (which only runs on Windows); I decided to get my Macbook dual partitioned so run both Windows and Mac on my Mac so that I can continue using Soundforge. My question is, I would be recording using Soundforge software on the Windows platform.. so would I have to install the RME babyface on the Windows platform? Please advise. Thanks!

Re: RME babyface on dual platform of MAC

My question is, I would be recording using Soundforge software on the Windows platform.. so would I have to install the RME babyface on the Windows platform?

Yes.

best regards
Knut

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I am completely new too the RME and was wanting to understand how to hook the various cables. The website  that I purchased the RME from, also advised me on purchasing an additional XLR cable from a company called blue. Now of what I understand, the female XLR goes into the microphone, which end of the break out cable connects to the male end of the XLR cable by "Blue". Also, if I decide not to use the additional XLR by Blue, then which of the female connectors go into the mic, (L or R)? Thanks!!

The included breakout cable is clearly labeled (Line In/Out). The Babyface supports 2 microphones with 48V phantom power at the same time. A mic with an XLR male cable output is connected to the Line In 1 or 2 (XLR female). An additional XLR cable might be necessary to bridge a longer distance between mic and Babyface. Any analog XLR cable works here.

best regards
Knut

P.S. Babyface on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/RME-Ba … 8221249636