Topic: Micstasy question (AES/EBU)

Admin Knut wrote:

6. Eight return channels: A MADI connection will provide you with eight digital back channels. Connect a simple ADAT (or AES) DA converter to the Micstasy and use eight outputs for studio monitors or headphone mixes for your artists.

Therefore I can connect adi2 to Micstasy (AES) and use it for headphone stage monitor. But, I can see the ADI2 output in my Samplitude software (or matrix) for routing it as I want, or is only an hardware connection ? I can see every AES out in my software for set 2 out as stage monitor ?

Software--->MADIFACE ----->MICSTASY (AES out)------->ADI2------->Stage musicians global (all 8 tracks monitor)

In a few word, If I connect ADI2 at Micstasy, I can decide of monitoring all tracks ? Or I can monitoring only two AES channel ?

Re: Micstasy question (AES/EBU)

You will not see an AES output in your software. You will see the Madiface's MADI channels. The AES output will correspond to the connected channel pair that is part of the block of 8 channels that corresponds to the Micstasy's ID.

Of course you can use Totalmix to mix as many channels to these MADI channels as you like, you are not limited to two channels.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you Mr. Fuchs!

Another thing.

I can connect to the Micstasy's MIDI OUT this Punchlight Midi Recoring lamp ?

LINK

Midi of Micstasy can work as a midi interface ? This for connect recording lamp on stage, near musicians.

The Micstasy MIDI connection is not bi-directional. So:

-------------
1. Connect a MIDI Out from your MIDI interface to the PunchLight MIDI In and the MIDI Out from the PunchLight MIDI
to a MIDI In on your MIDI interface using standard MIDI cables.
This connection between In-Out and Out-In is only required by Pro Tools and Logic Pro. (Other applications such as Nuendo, Cubase, Digital Performer or Samplitude needs to connect just one cable from the Midi Out on your Midi Interface to the Midi In on the PunchLight MIDI.)
-----------

ProTools and Logic Pro will not work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, so I can connect Micstasy midi out to Punchlight midi in ? I use Samplitude.

I dont understand this : " The Micstasy MIDI connection is not bi-directional. ".