1 (edited by philper 2011-08-28 02:10:59)

Topic: Fireface UC with AMD Phenom II PC

I could not find any mention of this CPU in a search, I apologize if this has been gone over already.  I would like to use a Fireface UC with a new PC that has a Gigabyte 880GAUD3H mobo, AMD Phenom II x6 3 GHz CPU. 4 GB memory, W7 32 SP1 and two nVidia GT440 video cards (for 4 monitors).  I see that most UC users are either on Macs or Intel-based PCs, but what I've described is the PC I have available, for better or worse.  I HAVE tested a FF400 with this machine (w/ current drivers) and it worked fine, but would rather go with a USB interface unless there are issues with this PC's config.

thanks

Philip Perkins

Re: Fireface UC with AMD Phenom II PC

Hi Philip,
This should work fine. The only problem I recall with AMD's in general was with the USB bus being under powered on the Nvidia CPU chip sets motherboards. But hardly any motherboard manufacturers are using the Nvidia motherboard chip sets now.
Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

ChrisLudwig wrote:

Hi Philip,
This should work fine. The only problem I recall with AMD's in general was with the USB bus being under powered on the Nvidia CPU chip sets motherboards. But hardly any motherboard manufacturers are using the Nvidia motherboard chip sets now.
Chris

Thanks.  This mobo has both USB 3 and USB 2 ports--would it be a good idea to put the FF UC on the USB 3 port (alone) and use the USB 2 ports for drives, or would this not make a difference?

phil p

Hi Philip.
Either will work. I'm assuming the USB 3 chipset is the NEC/Renesas version. If so make sure you use the latest USB 3.0 driver and firmware. It's greatly improves performance and compatibility.

USB 3 Driver
USB 3 firmware

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

Thanks very much.  I'll report back when I get the FF UC working here.

phil p