Topic: Sound drop when playing in Midi piano with pedal and playing Audio

Hello,

I use Cubase 6 (Elements) and have the RME Babyface all on Windows 7. I have recorded an Audio track (drums and base) using the built in sounds of my Kawai ES6 with no problems.

I can listen to the audio track through my RME Babyface Headphone even though strangely enough through Windows.

Then, I added a Midi track to my Cubase project in order to record an my epiano. I can record it while listening to audio drum track through the RME's headphone out. However, I have got two problems:

a) cannot play and listen to the midi keyboard sounds on the RME when playing Midi  (I can route it back and listen to it on my piano's onboard speakers, but I fail in routing it even further into the RME's headphone out (I have connected the midis in and outs and also the keyboards audio out to the RME's insturment Audio in)

b) I can play the above mentioned pre recorded Audio drum track (monitoring through RME headphone out) and play and record my midi keyboard (monitoring through piano's onboard speakers (see problem a), but only as long as I do not hit the piano's pedal. When I hit the peda,l the drum's audio track playback is muted for whatever reason. The piano is still working fine. Once the pedal is released, I am able to listen to the drum audio track again. As I said, this is only happening when hitting the pedal.

I sincerely hope that someone can help me with this.

Ideally, I would also have a) sorted as well, i.e. monitioring a pre recorded audio track and my time Midi piano with its own sound in real time over the same monitor

Regards

Frank