Topic: Totalmix display messed up on Windows system

Hi all,

For some reason the TotalMix software is not displaying properly.  I have a screenshot but am unsure how to upload it.  Basically all of the background/skin of the program is white or sometimes picking up pieces of my windows background.  It makes it very hard to read or navigate.  It's almost like the skin is missing.

I first tried updating the driver and firmware.  I am now at driver version 3.047 and hardware firmware version 2.77

I also tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling the driver, and rebooting again.  No luck.

It looks like a skin issue so I tried downloading the standard skin from the RME website and placing it in the C:\Documents and Settings\<User>Local Settings\Application Data\RME TotalMix directory and rebooting.  This also did not fix the issue.

Has anyone seen this?  Can someone please help?  I obviously need this to be working so I can configure my routings, etc.

Thanks all!

My system info:

Windows XP SP2 32bit
Intel Core 2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
2 GB of RAM

Re: Totalmix display messed up on Windows system

This usually is a bug in the graphics card driver. Try to update that one.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi MC,

Thank you for the quick reply! I took you advice but to no avail.

I updated both my graphics driver and monitor and rebooted but the same problem persists.  The weird thing is that it used to display fine.

Any other thoughts?

Let me know if you have an email address I can use to email you a screenshot of the problem.

]d

I received the screenshot. Have you tried completely removing the driver and reinstalling?
What changes did you make to the system between "before" and "after"...?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks Daniel,

I did try to uninstall and reinstall last night - but maybe I didn't follow the right process.  I went to the device manager and removed the RME Fireface 800... then went to "add/remove programs" and removed the software. Then I turned my system off, turned the fireface 800 off, and rebooted.  I verified that the totalmix software nor the fireface configurattion manager didn't come up in my system tray.  Then I powered off, turned on the fireface, and restarted... 

Strange that the system didn't automatically detect the new hardware this time, but I saw the "unknown device" in the device manager but followed your instructions to reinstall the driver and software.  Everything works again... but the totalmix display is still completely unledgible.

I didn't make any major changes to my system except that I relocated my studio to a different home.   But this just involved unplugging everything, transporting, and replugging everything in.   Also - all other software displays fine (including the RME Fireface Configuration manager).

Have you ever seen anything like this before? 

Thanks again,

]eff Dubois

A forum search will reveal that few customers had this effect. You overlook something. When it worked before then something defeintely changed yon your system, sonething that prevents TM from loading all the small bitmaps that it needs to look normally. Of course all other programs look fine, none of them is designed that way.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Interesting - I created a new user on my windows XP system and logged in - totalmix loaded fine.  Then, when I switched back to the default user, totalmix worked again.   

Not sure what the heck happened?  But creating a new user seemed to clear-out/reset some settings to make it display properly.