1 (edited by pietrogirardi 2011-09-09 15:07:40)

Topic: HDSPe AIO - compatibility question

Hi everybody,
just updated my PC with i7 2600k + asus P8P67 PRO on windows7 64bit, discovering that my old M-Audio Audiophile 192 doesn't work properly (because of the 3rd party PCI chip inside the sandybridge board).

On my way to buy a new PCIe soundcard, I've put my eyes on the HDSPe AIO.

As I have to be sure 100% that everything is gonna work: are there any known incompatibilities between this soundcard and Asus P8P67 pro and/or the i7 2600k? (comments from those with a similar configuration are welcome)

As a player that need to use piano libraries extensively at the lowest latency possible, does such a sound card provide the required low latency performance? (again, whoever has a direct experience about it is welcome).

Thanks,
Pietro

-----------------------------
Pietro Girardi - music production, composition, arrangement
My new record, MORNING, out now!

Re: HDSPe AIO - compatibility question

I'm using that same CPU, asus p8p67 deluxe, HDSPe AIO - no problems thus far after 6 months.

Great Oldon, thank you!

did you try the lowest (32) latency possible? Is the system stable?

Best,
Pietro

4 (edited by pietrogirardi 2011-09-18 16:07:14)

Update: I've bought and installed a brand new HDSPe AIO, with latest drivers (3.26), on a clean W7 professional installation.
Loaded kontakt 4.1 with Galaxy Piano Vintage D to try it out.

32 bytes latency: clicks and drops all over.
64: lots of clicks and drops
128: occasional (1 every 2/3 seconds of playing) clicks
256 unplayable (too much latency).

Did a test with the onboard REALTEK soundcard and Asio4all drivers. 64 bytes buffer (lowest available): no clicks at all.

My system:
i7 2600k
asus p8p67 pro (tried both normal and high-performance setting)
HDSPe AIO
ATI RADEON X1600 XT

I tried changing positions of the 2 PCIe cards, disabling the onboard REALTEK soundcard and other unused options (bluetooth, USB3, LAN...) but nothing changed.

I'm really depressed, I've spend time and money to have a low latency system but the problems are still here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pietro

EDIT: after the clean w7 installation I've forgotten 2 things: priority to background services and set computer for high performance.

Now everything works fine.

Thanks,
Pietro

Did you try from within a DAW (like cubase for example)?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

vinark wrote:

Did you try from within a DAW (like cubase for example)?

yes, but after the clean w7 installation I've forgotten 2 things: priority to background services and set computer for high performance.

Now everything works fine.

Thanks,
Pietro