Topic: Best way to synch Fireface UFX with ADAT 8 mic preamp

Hi UFX noob here

I was under the impression that the best way to synch UFX and my Forcusrite OctoPre was to connect them with ADAT and also with a BNC cable between the two units and using Clock Source Internal. But I am not sure anymore after reading a few posts on different forums????

Things seem to work OK.

Thanks!

Re: Best way to synch Fireface UFX with ADAT 8 mic preamp

If it works ok, fine... There is not really a "best" way. You can choose the most convenient one, and using the audio interface as master is quite convenient.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Ok, I'll stick with that then! Thanks for the quick reply!

I have the same setup as you, with the OctoPre slaved to the UFX, and I have a question too.   

The OctoPre always starts up at 88.2khz, and it causes nasty digital distortion when I start it up until I switch it to match the RME. 
I'd assumed that the OctoPre would automatically lock and change sample rates via the wordclock signal - this is not correct is it?
I'm going to open it up again and see if I can find any jumpers or anything like that to set the default sample rate... you don't happen to know if there is anything configurable like that inside, do you runesig?

I know this would probably be better posed on a FocusRite forum - but since the thread is here and it's a fresh topic....

Thanks,
Dave