Re: Fireface UFX: New TotalMix FX 0.95 for Windows and Mac

MichaelPatrick wrote:

I'd take it back and ask for a UFX that was built after June 2011, i.e. with a newer serial number.

This can be an option, there are more cards with similar serial numbers, but no with the new one. It is not a big flow of pro audio equipment in our country, so they won't deliver new revisions while sell these, which are in their stock.
So I'm interested, how expensive the update will be, or if I'm a new user I can expect the free update? I need the card now, can't wait 2-3 month or so... sad

52 (edited by oatwillie 2012-01-21 21:00:36)

definitely return it asap
bad form for them to sell an old unit that immediately needs a paid hardware update.
if not, then THEY should cover the update costs
it's not your fault they can't sell their inventory such that you incur extra expense.

PhilippeMustang wrote:

Could there be a way to "hide" any Input or Output that is not used on the TotalMix FX session so there would not be so many informations on the screen

I strongly support this suggestion. It would be very useful and probably would not be too hard to program.

Quite outdated, no need to repeat things like that over and over again. That feature will come.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Quite outdated, no need to repeat things like that over and over again. That feature will come.

Awesome. Repeating things over and over again lets you know that lots of people are interested in those features rather than just a few, so yes, there is a need for that.

dainbramage wrote:
MC wrote:

Awesome. Repeating things over and over again lets you know that lots of people are interested in those features rather than just a few, so yes, there is a need for that.

Agreed.  Plus, it is rarely clear what feature requests actually make it on RME's list.

Glad to hear this feature is coming.  It is much needed.

MC wrote:

Watch that attitude, without customers you wouldn't have a business.

Actually as a suggestion i would recommend a list of features coming. That way we don't need to ask over and over again. Also 'bug tracker' would be nice.

+1 to Jeremiahmoore's post #48 above - I would buy a UFX today if it had at least basic surround monitor controller capabilities like he mentioned: remote level control of 5+ outputs, bass management with Dolby-spec'd EQ curves/cutoff slopes, etc.  As he mentioned, the capability is certainly there!

Jim Daneker
www.whinecellarstudio.com
2008 8-core Mac Pro/16GB RAM/10.6.7/Logic 9.1.4/FF800

whinecellarstudio wrote:

+1 to Jeremiahmoore's post #48 above - I would buy a UFX today if it had at least basic surround monitor controller capabilities like he mentioned: remote level control of 5+ outputs, bass management with Dolby-spec'd EQ curves/cutoff slopes, etc.  As he mentioned, the capability is certainly there!

You can do that in totalmix.

Mats Helgesson
http://www.livingsound.se

>>You can do that in totalmix.

Mats,

how do you do it?

brandnewmusic wrote:

>>You can do that in totalmix.

Mats,

how do you do it?

I put the outputs on the same fader group. That way, you control all outputs with the main volume knob. I also use the EQ capability for room correction as I have a major peak at 90 Hz in my room that can't be cured with a lot of bass trapping (which I also have). Muting of individual channels can be done with mutes in Totalmix. One can also use a control surface for this purpose.

Mats Helgesson
http://www.livingsound.se

Thanks Mats. Didn't know about fader groups... I guess I should read the manual, finally.