Topic: Can't launch fireface uc settings

Hello,

I have Fireface UC unit and Windows 7 pc.
I have downloaded latest driver version on this page - http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.ph … _driver_uc

and followed install instruction for Windows 7 - http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348.

On the step when I should lauch "fut" file nothing was happening. No error or warning message, just nothing.
Fireface USB settings and Mixer icons in system tray doesn't response too.

I tried to change USB ports, reinstall driver, but it doesn't help.

Please provide me any solution how I can fix this problem.

Thanks

Re: Can't launch fireface uc settings

UC visible in the Device Manager? Says 'Mac' in there?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, It's visible. It's placed in "Sound, Video and Game devices" and called as "RME Fireface UC"

Hello,

I have a very similar/the same problem.

After I installed the latest drivers versions for my new fireface 400 on my Windows 7 64 system
I was asked upon each start of the system whether I want to allow the two fireface programs
(fireface.exe and firefacemix.exe) to run.

Since I declicked the "Ask before very start" checkbox in order to allow their execution, I can not access
the two programs via the taskbar icons any more. These icons are still there and show the small context menus
on right-click (Mixer/Matrix/Exit and Settings/Exit), but the programs do not show up, neither
via context menu nor via double-click.

How can I make these programs accessible again?

Thanks a lot for helpful comments

5 (edited by Kleon 2011-09-20 09:26:54)

This is useful information? If not please let me know if you need to know more about this problem.
I would like to fix it as soon as possible.

Are you sure the unit is not accidentally switched to Mac mode?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

You guys (RME support) should stop saying "Mac mode" and just tell them how to fix it. You're really bad about this on the entire forum, and you need to assume that most people don't read the entire user's manual, as appalling as that reality might be.

When disconnected from the computer, power on the unit and tap the rotary button twice. It will either say "PC" or some other letters that really mean "Mac". Keep pushing this until you're sure you're on the right one -- it's kinda janky, you have to sort of press the button four more times for it to be registered as another double tap.

Look at that, helping is fun!

Well Mr. Support, it is not about the manual - the unit comes with a printed warning sheet that includes this information. And the posts here are outdated half a year. Don't you think they solved their problems already?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I don't think it's your job to assume people have solved problems, but instead to make a place where answers to problems can be found. You don't think people buy your products used?

Used or not used, manuals are available for download on the RME web site, free of charge.
And this forum (combined with the search function) provides plenty of solutions as well...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Anyway, here's the answer again for those (like me) who cannot find it anywhere else on the forum and want to bypass the unprofessional flame war:

When disconnected from the computer, power on the unit and tap the rotary button twice. It will either say "PC" or some other letters ("AP"?) that really mean "Mac". Keep pushing this until you're sure you're on the right one -- it's kinda janky, you have to sort of press the button four more times for it to be registered as another double tap.

Forums! Smiles!

AP stands for Apple (surprise) cool

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME