Topic: RME FF400 needs service

Hello,

I bought my RME Fireface 400 second hand, I think it is 4 years old or so, and it has the corrosion problem on the outputs. Is this still under warranty? I do not have a receipt.

Also, I accidentally tripped over my headphone cable when it was plugged in, and now, when I plug in a headphone it doesn't make good contact anymore, can this output connector be replaced?

And the volume knob on front jumps to random parameters sometimes, sometimes even setting my output from -30dB to +6dB! So, it has the corrosion problem but it also needs some servicing.

So, when the corrosion is under warranty, can I make a deal (price wise) with RME to service all the other problems too? I have had contact with Cris Badea but it still isn't clear for me.

Cheers,
Stan

Re: RME FF400 needs service

The corrosion issue will be fixed on a warranty base, everything else will be charged as applicable...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Did some searching, and the corrosion seems to be under warranty. So my only question is, can we make a deal, price wise, to fix the other problems too? When there's corrosion, will all output connectors be replaced with a new connector? That would pretty much repair all my problems except for the volume knob problem.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the fast response! I will contact Cris Badea and send it in.

Cheers

Hi, I too have major corrosion issues with my Fireface 400 ...    I live in the UK, what kind of deal do you offer for a full repair or replace of the corroded sockets. I'm interested in finding someone as close as possible who's got lots of experience in RME products.

Thanks in advance.

:-)