Topic: feedback loop

I'm trying to record back into my sequencer program (Reaper) the output of a mix without physically rewiring outs to ins on the back. I believe this should be possible using Loopback feature. I've referred to page 74 of the manual but can't see any 'red label'. I am running mixer 2.89 on Mac OS. When I ctrl (cmd click) the AN1 outs they turn yellow but I can't see anything else happening and the inputs I can chose within reaper remain the same.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Scott

Mac mini 64GB RAM, RME Fireface 400, REAPER, ABLETON

Re: feedback loop

Hi,

Loopback feature in Totalmix

1 channel
use Ctrl + left click on Output channel (AN1)

2 channels
use Ctrl + Alt + left click on Output channels (AN1+AN2)

regards S-EH

Please have look on these tutorial videos:
How To Use Total Mix FX Loopback feature for capturing Windows Audio into Steinberg Cubase 6

How To Use Total Mix FX Loopback feature for capturing Windows Audio into Pro Tools 9

best regards
Knut

Hi Knut and S-EH, thanks for your replies. I've tried the ctrl-alt click which turns the name tag yellow but can't find any way within Reaper 4.2 to then record this. I'll check reaper forum too.

Knut, I followed the tutorial but my Fireface mixer looks nothing like what I see in the tutorial. I've had a scan on the RME site - is there an updated version I should download?

Apologies if there is something I'm just not seeing.
Scott

Which interface?

best regards
Knut

Fireface400

Cheers, Scott

Hi Knut...worked out as I'm using the old fireface400 I should be using the old fireface mixer. Loopback works a treat now. thanks for your help. Scott

Thanks.Yes, the Fireface 400 supports only the classic TotalMix. TotalMix FX is supported by the UC, the UFX and the Babyface. But Loopback works quite simmilar in both TotalMix versions.

best regards
Knut