Topic: Babyface vs FF400

Hi there,

I'm going to be upgrading to a new interface and RME is at the top of my list.  I don't do tons of multitracking at once, I typically do one track at a time since I use Superior Drummer 2.0 for my drums, then record bass, keyboard, vocals, guitar seperately, so I don't currently need a ton of I/O. Right now I'm using an Maudio Delta 1010lt and have been happy but it's time to upgrade.

The Babyface looks interesting. I was originally holding off because it's USB,  and I was originally looking at the Fireface FF400.  Does the Babyface offer the same quality in sound with converters and pres as the Fireface FF400?  Is the speed between the Babyface and FF400 close? I also use a GAP Pre 73 for DI and vocals, and would liked to continue using this for different flavors so hope it can be used with the Babyface.

Re: Babyface vs FF400

Does the Babyface offer the same quality in sound with converters and pres as the Fireface FF400?  Is the speed between the Babyface and FF400 close?

Yes and yes.

best regards
Knut

Good stuff! Thanks for the reply. Can't wait.

Nice! Well, I pulled the trigger and just bought one today. I've installed it and it's ready to go. I can't wait to try it later tonight.

Cheers!