Topic: Babyface problem with gain control AN2

Hi:

I bought a Babyface serial 7A86160800A44C8 through Amazon.com a couple of months ago. (It came with a small scratch but I didn't mind.)

I have never been able to control gain in AN 2. When I open Totalmix and adjust gain with the Babyface control wheel (or with the gain software button in Totalmix) suddenly gain boosts to maximum and no matter what  the software button is showing. If I move the Babyfece wheel  to try to lower the gain of AN2 Hardware output in Totalmix goes to null automatically but audibly . If I reset Totalmix completly the problem appears again.

Thank in advance for your help. (You may answer auf Deutsch as well)

Rolando

My Babyface 32142501 has a firmware v. 184 and driver v.1.59. I attached 2 dynamic mikes SM58.

My PC configuration is as following:

Model Name:    MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:    MacBookPro2,2
  Processor Name:    Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:    2.16 GHz
  Number Of Processors:    1
  Total Number Of Cores:    2
  L2 Cache:    4 MB
  Memory:    2 GB
  Bus Speed:    667 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:    MBP22.00A5.B07
  SMC Version (system):    1.12f5
    Network adapters: Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper SA:
    Graphic card: ATY,RadeonX1600
    Other installed soundcards: No

Re: Babyface problem with gain control AN2

If the hardware does not follow the TM FX surface then it must be defective (here the mic pre amp chip).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you Matthias for the promt answer.
A stupid question, should I send the hardware back to Amazon or directly to RME in Germany? I didn't buy the Babyface here in Santiago, Chile so I guess the Chilean RME support won't care.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Rolando Cori

Amazon as it is 'your' dealer. Alternatively you could contact Synthax US.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME