Topic: Global record failure

Hi there,

I was recording with Global Record this week, and it seemed to be a great feature.

However more than once an error showed stating that the 'temporary' file was not available for saving etc.

This caused me to lose around 30mins worth of recording for a professional film shoot.

It seems like it could be a good facility but if it's undependable it will not be used.

Does anyone have any advise on this?

Many thanks

Re: Global record failure

Which version of DC is that? And are you sure you did not misinterpret the error screen? The temp file is always there, and if it can not be saved (to a different name!) then it will be still there after restart...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

I'm using 5.32.

From what I recall, it stated that the temp file was not available. This was after quite a long duration of recording.

After short durations there did not appear to be any issue with accessing the temp file.

It's quite a low powered machine I've been using for mobile recording. Maybe as there's not much (CPU) power to process (2GB RAM) the recorded audio, it was not available because I was trying to save it too quickly after stopping recording. However if recording in the field, I will need to do quick saves all the time.

Funnily enough, when I turned the machine back on after a day or two, the temp file seemed to have appeared from somewhere. 

Maybe the reason it was saying that it was not available is because it was stuck in memory somewhere being processed, while I was trying to save it / change the name etc.

I've not tried long recordings on a more powerful machine, so have no comparison.

Many thanks

It would have been enough to exit DC and start it again - the temp file would have been there. I can only speculate that your machine is quite busy with this recording and maybe Windows is already using the swap file. This could explain the wait time, but it's not normal, nor did I ever see this myself.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Indeed - thanks a lot for the info.

Will test more and report any further details,

Cheers