Topic: Problems Setting Up My Fireface 800

I recently purchased a Fireface 800 but am having some difficulty setting it up correctly. I would really appreciate some help from other more experienced users.

Here is where I am at...

I have the Fireface 800 connected to my iMac using the Firewire cable and have successfully installed the drivers and made the necessary selections in the Mac Audio/MIDI Set Up.
I have connected my external monitors to outputs 1 and 2 at the rear of the Fireface unit.
When I open itunes and select a song it plays and I can hear audio coming out of the monitors. This is also true of all of my audio software. Logic, Sibelius Reason etc. So far so good.

Where I am running into problems is in plugging an insturment (eg. bass) into the unit.
I have my bass cable going into the Speaker Emultion input at the front of the unit and have the gain knob set to 5. When I play my bass the green signal light on the unit flashes indicating it is receiving my signal however I do not hear any sound.

If I open up the Fireface Mixer and play my bass I can again see the signal registering on the first input channel In1.

However no signal appears on the next row: Out or the row underneath that AN

By comparison when I play a song in itunes I have signal registering on the top row: signal on In1 and In2  the row below: signal on Out1 and Out2 and the row below that: signal on AN1 and AN2

I would have assumed that the software and hardware would have been set up so that any necesssary settings for plugging in and recoridng an instrument would have been there by default? HeadScratch

It appears that the bass signal is not making it to the outputs however i am not sure as to how to remedy this using the Fireface mixer.

Any suggestions as to where I might be going wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated. :-)

Thanks

Scott

Re: Problems Setting Up My Fireface 800

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5039

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Problems Setting Up My Fireface 800

Another valuable RME web resource is the RME Americas Facebook Page tutorials: https://www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas

best regards,
Blair Francey
Fireface 802/ARC USB; HDSP Multiface x 2; 2023 AMD Windows 10 Custom PC