Topic: F-Face UFX latest f'ware/drivers sudden white noise on headphone outs.

HI, UFX running with latest firmware/drivers & OSX 10.7.2 via FW, Logic 9.1.5 as DAW.

This has been running really stable thus far & getting very intense use - really weird thing happened this evening though in that while doing some tracking I had the headphones off whilst chatting re variations of parts being recorded & when I put the headphones back on I noticed an usually large amount of white noise/hiss suddenly present - turned out it was on both headphone outs but not the main outs - it remained even if the headphone outs were muted in Total Mix (although audio no longer passed).........Logic was still running fine (on a pretty demanding session), there appeared to be no other issues happening, just the sudden presence of white noise.

Quit Logic, quit TM & the Fireface settings panel rebooted the UFX & everything back to normal......has stayed that way since.

Very odd, anyone have an explanation for that?

Cheers, Geoff.

Re: F-Face UFX latest f'ware/drivers sudden white noise on headphone outs.

You used which sample rate? The current firmware version is? Next time this shows up siwtch the level mneters between Pre and Post to see if the noise is shown then, after that just reboot the UFX, most probably it has nothing to do with drivers.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME