Topic: ADAT1 Optical Input not working, dead or am I missing something?

Hi all,
My ADAT1 Optical input seems to be faulty, else I have missed something - In any case currently I can't receive any audio through it.

My set up is based in my lounge and aside from a few instruments the fire face 800 is also handling DAC for my TV, and an airport express.

The ADAT2 optical input receives audio from the TV and other optical sources no problem, but plugging the same cables into the first bank (ADAT1 input) yields no sound, I can't see anything happening at all in the mixer. I played around with the settings but nothing is coming up.

I also tested by plugging the ADAT2 output to ADAT1 input and it seems to sync ok, so i'm not sure what's going on.

It is possible i've missed something as i'm a newbie to the FF800, anyone got any ideas what I might be missing or how to deduce if could be a faulty input?

Re: ADAT1 Optical Input not working, dead or am I missing something?

Open the FirefaceSettings Window. There you can define the optical ins as ADAT or SPDF.

UFX+, FireFace 802 FS, Digiface USB
12 Mic, M1610 pro, Micstasy
MacBookPro M1
Logic Pro X

Yeah I've got that set to ADAT2 (only option), though I was wondering why ADAT1 isn't an option here.

[img align=l]http://www.aeski.net/ff800settings.png[/img]

Your TV is sending SPDIF, not ADAT. Only the second optical port on the FF800 can be (and apparently is) set to receive SPDIF. The first port will only receive ADAT proper.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

oh, well that is an annoying misunderstanding on my part, might have to keep the motu for those duties then.

Thanks very much for the rapid and concise clarification though.
Cheers.