Topic: madi configuration

hi ,
i have a rme madi hdspe pc card and i am using allen heath ilive   console madi fitted into the stage box ,

i have installed all the drivers and i am able to play back from the cpu(pc) via madi but only two channels are coming into my console , when i want to record i am not able to record any channel but i am sending the madi signal into the madi card and there is a constant red light on the card (ERROR), i really dont know how to record all the channels and play back them into the console and if possible can any one help me trouble shoot this isssue, is it the sample rate i am not able to record ?

summing matrix is done all the channels are patched diagonally ,,

looking forward for some help ,
Regards,
Moses.

Re: madi configuration

Switch the card's input...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

i swapped the madi input but it is not working and there is a constant red light coming on the card what does it mean and on the hammer fall settings the madi is not sync so what would be the reason

Set the card to Internal/Master mode and do a coax and optical loopback. Input signal there? Then check what you feed to the card when using the AH console.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

"set the card to internal/ master ? and coax and optical loop back",i really dont how to loop back ,please let me know how can it be done , if you have a screen shot how to set the card to internal or master please send it to me so i can follow your instructions , i run foh and monitor desk using madi so i use the same my stage mix cable to record but still i am not able to record ,my allen heath desk is got 4 madi outs and signal is passed from all the outs but it doesnt appear in my neundo software ,

i selected all the hammer fall inputs in the recording software and i can only play back any track if it is assigned to stereo out only ,

i really appericate your patience in answering my doubts , thanks a ton smile

MC wrote:

Set the card to Internal/Master mode and do a coax and optical loopback. Input signal there? Then check what you feed to the card when using the AH console.

plug a cable from the output directly into the input of the rme madi card.

In the settings dialog - internal/master mode.

Isaac P

1)i looped the output to the input then i got a green light on the rme card :-) and i could record one channel of  whats playing back, this makes me feel better that my card is working and when i put ten tracks and play them they are coming on my allen heath console but i am not able to record ,

2)i could'nt figure out whats internal / master mode i dont know where is it on the hammer fall mixer or my pc,

3)when i plug in my madi cable which comes from the allen heath console there is a red light which glows on the rme card and thats the error light **but when i use another small patch cable and when i loop from input to output  the rme card is got a nice green light,  what is the reason for the colour change and why am i not able to record all my channels

The clock of the card is set in the card's settings dialog, not in TotalMix. And all this is described in detail in the manual...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

moses wrote:

1)i looped the output to the input then i got a green light on the rme card :-) and i could record one channel of  whats playing back, this makes me feel better that my card is working and when i put ten tracks and play them they are coming on my allen heath console but i am not able to record ,

2)i could'nt figure out whats internal / master mode i dont know where is it on the hammer fall mixer or my pc,

3)when i plug in my madi cable which comes from the allen heath console there is a red light which glows on the rme card and thats the error light **but when i use another small patch cable and when i loop from input to output  the rme card is got a nice green light,  what is the reason for the colour change and why am i not able to record all my channels

Have you tried using your longer cable as a loopback? May be a faulty cable. Or as MC said a sync mismatch.

Isaac P

hey ,

i fixed the problem all channels are working and i am able to play back them into the ilive perfectly , thabks a ton .

Well, if you don't tell us the solution I will have to delete this thread as it stays useless then.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME