Topic: FF400 - Issues with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

Hi,

I've been happily using my Fireface 400 for quite a few years now and never had any problems with it when working with Cubase and other audio related programs.

Recently I've started creating my own videos and I'm experiencing problems with a trial of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5:

In exporting video and audio I end up with a video with no sound:
I've tried different sample rates and resolution (32, 24 and 16bits) as input files (recordings from Cubase), also different formats (WAV, MP3 etc.). Premiere shows the signature of the audio track, it shows the output on the audio channel and master channel only when I export it doesn't give me any sound?
Yesterday I've tried all sorts of combinations and I also tried different audio hardware settings in Premiere and also in the Windows Sound dialog. Normally I have Analog 1/2 or Analog 7/8 as default output device, using the FireFace ASIO driver. Up until now no luck.

I also downloaded a trial version of Camtasia 7 which immediately worked without problems.

I noticed that Premiere does fuck up the FireFace driver (?) quickly. I noticed that a video that I created with sound from Camtasia somehow didn't play well in VLC media player (No Sound again) when Premiere was open and also after it was closed.

I have no idea how Premiere uses the ASIO driver but it looks like it's not doing it correctly. Also, when rendering I expect Premiere to use the FireFace ASIO driver?

Thanks in advance for your replies. Maybe it's something really simple I'm overlooking.

Best regards, Harry

Re: FF400 - Issues with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

You have clicked the "export audio" checkbox in the export settings of Premiere?

best regards
Knut

Of course ;-)

Ive discovered why I was having problems: it appears that the default Adobe WDM should not be changed to Fireface Asio since that results in audio issues.