Topic: Cannot wakeup Macbook Pro if UFX is connected

Hello,

I have been experiencing a weird problem with my RME UFX and Macbook Pro (Mid 2011 model).

I have my UFX connected via Firewire to my Macbook Pro and when the MBP goes into sleep mode, I cannot wake it up. I press the keyboard, nothing. Only when I shut down the RME UFX it seems to wake up after a while. I have searched the forum and have seen people having similar problems.

Is this a known issue and is there a way to prevent it?

Thanks

Re: Cannot wakeup Macbook Pro if UFX is connected

Anyone?

I will check with my early 2011 MBP and report back.

Which driver/firmware version?

BTW: Snow Leopard or Lion?

5 (edited by Dom 2011-11-07 01:33:37)

Snow Leopard. Firmware/driver from RME (S/W:1.41). Thanks

What do you mean by S/W: 1.41?

Current firmware is 351/144/340, current *Firewire* driver is 3.0, while *USB* is 1.61.

Anyway, I tried with both FW driver 3.0 and 2.91 and see no such issues here. Doesn't matter if internal audio or the UFX is set to OS X standard I/O.

Furthermore I did a quick test with Ableton Live, running playback via the UFX, sending MBP to sleep during playback then waking out again. All no problem (except for a short time that OS X needs to reinitialize the UFX as if it were freshly connected).

Are you using any particular (audio) software while trying to send the MBP to sleep?

Hello Timur and thanks for the reply,

I actually had firmware 141 , I updated to 144 today. I did not realize a new version was out like 6 days ago. I will test it again and report back.
No, I was not running any kind of software by the way.

Ok, let's see what comes up. I also tried older firmware without problems, but since the FW Settings dialog only displays the last number (340) I don't know how that corresponds to your 141 version.

I tried it and it woke up as fast as if I had not UFX connected. So I guess either this is fixed or something else was to blame.