Topic: Total Mix: Switching between computers.

Loving my UFX, but still new and uncomfortable with totalmix. A couple of questions.

First of all, are the snapshots stored on your computer or on the UFX unit itself?

If I save 8 different snapshots, is there a way to access those in stand alone mode?

When I use my UFX with a different computer, how do I bring along my snapshot files? 

Maybe my misunderstandings are just a misunderstanding of the vocabulary? What is a snapshot? It seems like it's a way to save all the settings on your current screen. What, in the file menu is a workspace? That seems like a file that is being saved.

I'm trying to set up my UFX to operate in stand alone in case of an emergency. As in, snapshot 1 is how I usually use it with my computer attached, but snapshot 2 is my goto setting if my computer crashes.  How do I load (can I load) snapshot 2 in stand alone? (Guess that is the same question I asked above, but now you understand why I asked it.)

Thanks!

Macbook Pro i7, 8GB Ram, Fireface UFX, Logic 9, Mainstage2, Ableton Studio 8

Re: Total Mix: Switching between computers.

Snapshots are the current mixer state. A workspace includes all (8) Snapshots plus the window information (size, position etc). In the unit itself you store 6 Setups, which includes the current state (Snapshot) and the current settings from the Settings dialog (clocking). To change to a different computer simply save a workspace file and copy it to the computer, there load it.

You will find all this in the manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME