Topic: Purchased a hdsp pci card from store.don't n know if it is new!!!

Hi
it may sound like a weird question but i have to ask.
I just bought a new hdsp aes-32 card from a store.The package was sealed.The iron bracket from the card is a bit bent and the cd with the drivers doesn't have any label.it is just a plain white color cd.it only included a warranty card.Is that normal?Moreover the card reads R. 1.1.Do I need to perform a flash?
Thanks

Re: Purchased a hdsp pci card from store.don't n know if it is new!!!

Anyone?

seriously anyone?

When you buy FF800 you get it in a nice box, with cables, manuals and driver CD. Driver CD is printed in colour with rme logo on it. As far as I can remember, package was not seald.

I would think HDSP AES-32 is packed in the same way.

Cthulhu wrote:

Hi
it may sound like a weird question but i have to ask.
I just bought a new hdsp aes-32 card from a store.The package was sealed.The iron bracket from the card is a bit bent and the cd with the drivers doesn't have any label.it is just a plain white color cd.it only included a warranty card.Is that normal?Moreover the card reads R. 1.1.Do I need to perform a flash?
Thanks

thats not normal sounds like it was repackaged i would email Support with the serial # to make sure it has a full 2 yr warranty

I have seen the white CD in new packages, I guess they just ran out of silk-screened CDs. Also, the bracket could have been bent (slightly) during shipping. You can look for screw marks on the brackets to tell if the card has been installed in a computer previously.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hello
I just installed the latest drivers and my harware revision when going to flash says 230.Do I need to flash?There is no sound going into my mixer so I was thinking if that's the problem.Also how do I check if the card has Secure BIOS Technology?I don't want to try to flash
and something go bad.I appreciate any help.
Thanks

v234 is current, all HDSP AES-32 cards have Secure BIOS.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.