Topic: RME Babyface and Reaper issue

Greetings everyone!It seems that i cant listen to  my guitar when plugging into the instrument input.It seems to have a monitor level but no sound.At that time i can listen to music from youtube,mp3s etc.When i open Reaper (DAW)and choose  input source analog 2 then i get sound for my guitar and recording is fine as well,but i cant listen to youtube,mp3s,system sounds etc.Once i close reaper again i can listen to mp3s,system sounds but cant listen to my guitar.Any help?

Re: RME Babyface and Reaper issue

The Babyface has an onboard mixer which makes it possible to hear the guitar all time. It's called TotalMix and described in detail in the manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Deathassian 2011-11-04 03:47:56)

yes wow i have read the manual but still haven't got any clue.here is a pic of my totalmix window if someone is really willing to help

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/715/totalmix.th.png

P.S This is my guitar plugged onto the babyface no effects or daw used.While i can hear songs,i still cant hear the guitar although there is the signal level in Listen channel

Talkback is active.

1. Go to Options, Reset Mix, and select Total Reset.

2. Install the latest drivers and firmware from our website.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by Deathassian 2011-11-04 12:22:34)

i did.pressing talkback in main channel i can hear my guitar ,but songs can;t playback although there are signal meters (AN1 AN2)active in software playback section and on hardware outputs (PH 3/4 and AS 1/2)....

BTW it has no total reset option.....

Go back to 2.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

i think totalmix has some compatibility issues with W7.I reinstalled drivers and firmware,went to options finally the total reset option was there and voila,things got back to work smile