Topic: Clicks on line and DI inputs - FF800

My FF800 started making a continuos clicking sound on the DI input and all the line inputs.
The XLR inputs are not affected.
it sounds kind of like if your sync settings are not setup right but it seems to be syncing just fine.

have anyone else experienced this problem??

Re: Clicks on line and DI inputs - FF800

i should mention that this is both in standalone mode and when connected to my laptop

This clicking might com from the internal power supply. Can you hear it directly from the unit?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

i can hear it in my headphones and from the speakers even if its not connected to a computer. was that what you meant?
or did you mean that the power supply would make the sound on its own?
i can send you a sound sample if you want?

tommykamp wrote:

i can hear it in my headphones and from the speakers even if its not connected to a computer. was that what you meant?

I think MC meant when you put your ear onto the FF800 directly can you hear the sound? Especially arounf the power socket area.

Or can you hear it acoustically without headphones or speakers?

Isaac P

isaac wrote:
tommykamp wrote:

I think MC meant when you put your ear onto the FF800 directly can you hear the sound? Especially arounf the power socket area.

Or can you hear it acoustically without headphones or speakers?

Isaac P

no, no sound from the unit it self.
and the clicking is only there when there is something connected, an electric guitar for example.

i've tried with different guitars, different cables and i've tried all line inputs... same result.

and another thing... shouldn't the extra FW800 port on the back be able to power a bus powered external harddrive?

No. The connectors are all power-free to reduce the risk of port smoking.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ok. what is your advise with the click problem? should i get it in for repair or is there a "factory reset" of some sort I can try first?
I tried re-installing the firmware but it didnt help.