Topic: total mix

Ive read the manual for the UC but Im having difficulty understanding the mixer.  Sometimes I see a signal sometimes I don't??  It says in the manual that the current routing will be shown in bold letters.  I cant seem to get anything in bold letters. Is there a manual to explain how to actually use this thing.  Like how do i route step by step?
if there is no manual who do I learn how to use it?

Re: total mix

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5039

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for the links. I had a look and unfortunately Im still not that much clearer as the video link is not for the mixer in UC.  The UC doesn't appear to have those presets mentioned in the video either.
When I first opened total mix I was getting a signal in hardware inputs and out puts. No I have no signal in hardware inputs but instead in software playback.  Not sure why. I also can't seem to see how to grey out the hardware outputs like he has in the video.  I need a UC total mix specific instruction. I there any?

No I have no signal in hardware inputs but instead in software playback.  Not sure why.

The software playback channels carry the signals from the software programms on the computer. In the standard routing they are routed directly to the output with the same name. To change a routing click an output channel (it gets brighter) and move the faders of input and playback channels. If the faders are all the way down no signal is routed to this special output (main out, phones ...).

The video tutorials in the RME Youtube channel show the routing and the basic principles of TotalMix - which are the same for the UC version.

best regards
Knut

Yes ... it only gets a little bit brighter ...but maybe I already asked ... :-)

You have to activate the Submix view, on TM or TM FX. That should make it clear.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME