Topic: New UFX Driver is Not Working!!

yes, i.ve the latest firmware 1.44.

I run windows 7 64bit. I've downloaded the zip file, extracted the folder inside it, the went to device manager and in the ufx icon i clicked update driver, choose the .inf file inside the folder, and restarted.. the Device disappeared! totalmix isn't running and the device is not showing in windows. Rolled back to the previous driver and its working again. what could be wrong?

FF UFX - ARC - U87Ai - 828Mk3 Hybrid - Digimax FS - Tascam MH8 - MIDI Express 128, 24GB RAM, i7-3630

Re: New UFX Driver is Not Working!!

Is your UFX connected to USB or Firewire?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

USB, and i installed the USB version of the driver, and i also tried installing the Firewire version of the driver, but still nothing.

FF UFX - ARC - U87Ai - 828Mk3 Hybrid - Digimax FS - Tascam MH8 - MIDI Express 128, 24GB RAM, i7-3630

How did you roll back?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

uninstalled the new driver and installed the older one.
i also used (choose Driver manually) and i have 2 versions, the one from November 9th and the older one from June 21 or something like that. the older one is the one that works. when i install the new one, the RME appears with an exclamation mark in device manager and it says ( no driver installed.

I tried Uninstalling the older drivers and did a clean installation of the new driver. it is still not working, and giving me a message in Device manager tha (Windows can't find a digital signature of the driver)

here's a Screen shot

[img align=c]http://db.tt/L6gx8x1x[/img]

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/kdudlgecwanbqhh/Driver%20Signature.jpg

Can't reproduce any problem here. Tried UC and UFX on a mac running W7/64 and the UFX on a PC...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

well it sounds like a driver signature problem. If i reboot and press F8 to select ( disable driver signature enforcement ) , the unit works fine. but that means that i have to do that every time i boot my computer. is there any other way to tell windows that the driver is legit?

Again, this does not happen here and the drivers are signed...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I had a similar problem. I rolled back to a previous restore point and then updated the firmware to 144. Then, after another reboot, device manager let me update the driver software simply by pointing to the folder where I had extracted it.

Thank you MichaelPatrick, that trick worked for me.