Topic: A big thank you for RME

I just wanted to chime in and say a big thank you to the team at RME.

In an environment (these forums) where we are normally inundated with problems and various issues, I think it's important to give credit where credit is due and in my personal experience, RME's communication and attention to detail in delivering stable drivers and exceptional sounding audio devices has been exceptional.

I am using currently using a MacPro and MacbookPro, both with OSX.7.2 with Logic, ProTools, Melodyne, Live and various other tools, with both the Fireface800 and Babyface. In the past I've also owned a Multiface and all have been rock solid. The sheer fact that the Fireface is still going strong after all these years is testament to great design and forward thinking.. Take a leaf out of that book AVID! ;-) 

Of course, there have been hiccups along the way, but they've always been worked out quickly and the communication has been excellent in my experience. (Cheers Matthias)

I have in no way, any affiliation with RME, other than being a confident purchaser/user of their products over the years.

Just a thank you for helping me with my day to day work.

Cheers,
Matt

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

Re: A big thank you for RME

I want to double this praise!

I have a Digiface and three converters from RME since they came out and been happy all the years with them.
No problems at all...
That is the way it should be...THX RME!!

Regards
Zapp

Regards
Zapp

Hi guys, as another big fan, I have a question that you might be able to answer. (I've just emailed support, but you might know as well). I was about to switch computers and I'm losing my PCMCIA slot, hence my multiface. I was leaning towards a fireface400. Do you know if my old multiface can be linked to the new kit via spdif or ADAT? It would sure be nice to keep that pretty little 8 analog IO.

Any experience?

best,
Rick

Adding to the chorus of praise.  Had a FF800 for many years, now have the UFX.  Both units are great, and have served me well!  Love the great support here at RME!

Thanks from Italy, too!
My old FF800 (seven years old!) is always Ok!

You keep your great support, RME!

Ciao,
Marco

After using an HDSP 9652, an HDSPe MADI, an ADI8-DS, an Octamic-D, a Fireface 800, since 2003, i have to say that I had nearly no issue.

JM

One more thanks from me as well.Truely great box.
Loaded the driver and never looked back.
Sounds great.

I'll jump in and say that I have never needed access to this great forum until I moved to Win7 recently.
I didn't need access because I had no trouble with my RME FF800. What a great piece of gear!

When I did have to call on the services of this forum my question was answered promptly and got me going again straight away.  Goes to prove there are no stupid questions only stupid people - DOH!

My thanks for a great product and great support.

mattrixx wrote:

other than being a confident purchaser/user of their products over the years.

Just a thank you for helping me with my day to day work.

Cheers,
Matt

:-) - I'll just chime in here & mention that Matt is without a doubt one of the most talented (& modest) engineers/programmers I've ever come across in my 20 years of working all over the planet in this industry (thank goodness he likes Australia so much or I'd have fewer clients), so that's quite a compliment for you guys over at RME..

Matt, you should pickup a Fireface UFX, was very happy with the Baby Face but the UFX is something else..

Cheers, Geoff.